Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Rest for the Weary

Today my husband and I are leaving for a little get-away. We are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary with a few days away from home. I have been working hard this week to complete the portfolios so I wouldn't have to think about them waiting for me when I return from the trip.

I believe it is incredibly important to our family happiness that my husband and I have opportunities like these to spend time together alone. As I have blogged about it the past, our family is together nearly all the time due to homeschooling and a work-from-home environment. All of us need to go our separate ways from time to time in order to keep sane. I am so thankful to my adult daughter and her husband for offering child care whenever we need it. My boys are also thankful because days spent with their sister and brother-in-law mean computer games and board games and all sorts of fun. It's definitely a win-win situation.

And now, forgive me for running off so soon...I have some relaxing to do!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Good for you! I often say that homeschooling parents are doing anyone a service by becoming martyrs. You are still doing exactly what your family needs when you take care of yourself.

Have a wonderful couple of days!