So far this week I:
- Looked over math books on Monday.
- Did a huge pile of laundry.
- Ordered books from three separate websites, despite my previous promise to do no such thing. (In my defense, I did order Singapore Math and Key Curriculum materials from one site.)
- Went to see the Harry Potter movie with my mom and daughter.
- Had lunch after the Harry Potter movie and went to another book store to buy more books. (Buy 4, get 1 free! You would have done it too!)
- Briefly stepped into the classroom to consider whether I should be doing more planning.
- Went to a HUGE library book sale and came home with a large bag of books for only $20.
- Went swimming because it was still 96º at 6pm!
- Figured I'll do a little planning tomorrow since it will be the last day the boys are out of the house.
My bag looks like this. Not quite as impressive, but I'm happy with what I found. Among the haul I have a handful of science books, three books I hope to use for music instruction and a cool book called Fantasy Cartooning, that I really think the boys will like for art.
Next week I plan to blog about the boys' week at Kids' College. I will also explain why after reading an interesting study about learning, I decided planning wasn't as essential as I originally thought. It was very convenient that I read this during the week I should have been planning. It certainly cut down on the guilt I probably should feel right now. Tomorrow we are expecting temps near 100º so I might just end up in the pool again. Or not. I don't want to make too many plans...